Oreo and Raisin Cupcake

Friday, September 11, 2015


My boys have a weakness for cupcakes but what with the eye-popping prices of commercially available ones, I figure it would make more sense making our own.  Coming from our own kitchen also means that I can cut down on the sugar (read as less hyper kids) and minus the cream frosting that we do not fancy.

There are loads of cupcake recipes everywhere but I decided to give this a try as it seems more likely to be accepted by my children.  I loathe to try something with fanciful names and ingredients but to have it rejected outright by the fusspots at home.

The cupcakes turned out good and not cloyingly sweet.  I guess the highest praise came from my younger son who said he would sell the cupcakes to his friends!  The joys of motherhood, no less :)



Oreo and Raisin Cupcake


Ingredients

235 gm self-raising flour
100 gm Oreo biscuits, chopped
40 gm raisins
230 gm unsalted butter
180 gm sugar
4 eggs
¼ tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)


Method

1. Beat butter, salt and sugar till slightly creamy.  Add eggs and flour and mix till well combined. Then beat at higher speed until smooth and pale, takes about 2 to 3 minutes.

2. Stir in chopped oreo biscuits and raisins.  Mix evenly and spoon mixture into paper cups.

3. Bake at 190 oC for 20 minutes or until cooked.

4. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.



Reference : Aunty Yochana

0 comments: